Nov. 17, 2011
Final Stats |
AP Photo Gallery |
Washington State vs. Sacramento State - Nov. 17, 2011 - Beasley Coliseum (Pullman, Wash.)
WSU's Home Opener
Final Score: WSU 79, Sacramento State 68
Washington State Notes:
- Brock Motum scored a career-high 23 points and tied his career high with eight rebounds (which he set at Gonzaga Monday)...just two boards shy of his first career double-double.
- Motum has led the Cougars in both scoring and rebounding in both games this season.
- WSU has trailed at the half in both games this season (trailed 39-36 tonight)...came back to win when trailing at the half for the seventh time under head coach Ken Bone (7-21).
- In his two games against Sacramento State, Motum has gone 14-for-17 from the field (.823)...he's shooting .667 from the field this season (16-for-24)...last year he was 5-for-5 against the Hornets.
- Freshman DaVonté Lacy has scored in double figures in both his games as a Cougar, adding 15 tonight...he was perfect from the free throw line, making the first three free throws of his career.
- Faisal Aden added 18 points on 7-for-9 shooting from the field...he was 2-for-4 from beyond the 3-point arc...he had a career-high five steals.
- Reggie Moore has had nine assists in his first two games this season.
- Sophomore walk-on Will DiIorio got the first start of his career, played a career-high 25 minutes.
- Redshirt freshman Dexter Kernich-Drew scored his first points as a Cougar, a 3-pointer on 1-for-2 shooting...he played five minutes, all in the first half.