Nov. 15, 2011
Final Stats |
Washington State at No. 23 Gonzaga - Nov. 14, 2011 - McCarthey Athletic Center (Spokane, Wash.)
First game of ESPN's College Hoops Tipoff Marathon
Final Score: No. 23 GU 89, WSU 81
Washington State Notes:
- Five Cougars scored in double figures including Mike Ladd and DaVonté Lacy making their Cougar debuts with 13 and 11 points, respectively.
- Brock Motum was two points shy of his career high with 17...scored 19 against California last season...he had a career-high four assists in a career-high 37 minutes.
- WSU's first three substitutions were newcomers (Ladd, Lacy and Shelton).
- All 11 of Lacy's points came in the second half...nine of them (all three of his 3-pointers) in the final 5:30.
- Charlie Enquist got the second start of his career and his first since the 2009-10 season...his 20 minutes played were the most since the 2009-10 season.
- The Cougars fall to 6-21 under Ken Bone when trailing at the half.
- WSU suffered its first season opening loss since falling to Colorado State 79-75, Nov. 20, 2001...had won nine-straight.
- WSU shot better from the field and the 3-point arc percentage wise than Gonzaga at .475 (29-for-61) from the field and .450 (9-for-20 from beyond the 3-point arc.
- Abe Lodwick didn't play due to a foot injury.