Feb. 16, 2013
Final Score: NO. 23 ORE 79, WSU 77 (OT)
Washington State Notes:
· Royce Woolridge scored a career 36 points...he's the first Cougar to reach the 30-point plateau this season, while his 36 is the most by a WSU men's basketball student-athlete since Klay Thompson scored 43 points against Washington, March 10, 2011 in the conference tournament.
· Last season Brock Motum scored 34 points against Arizona State, Jan. 28, 2012.
· Woolridge scored 22 of his points in the first half, the most since Klay Thompson scored 23 in the first half at California, Feb. 13, 2010...the first Cougar to reach 20 points in a first half since then.
· D.J. Shelton was 1 point shy of his second career double-double with 10 rebounds and 9 points.
· Brock Motum finished with 12 points...he has reached double figures in all 26 games this season...26-straight games in double figures.
· Motum added 3 rebounds...he got his 500th career rebound, becoming the 12th Cougar men's basketball student-athlete to score 1,000 points and grab 500 rebounds in his career (1,396 points and 500 rebounds).
· Walk-on freshman Bryce Leavitt had a career high 5 points...his previous high was 4 points...he played 19 minutes...played 44 minutes total in the last two games.
· WSU played its second overtime game of the season, move to 0-2 on the season and 2-7 under head coach Ken Bone in overtime games.
· The Cougars have lost eight-straight overtime games to Oregon, their last win in an overtime game with the Ducks came in March of 1967.
· The team's second-leading scorer, Mike Ladd, did not play due to a left knee injury for the second-straight game.
Official Website of Washington State University Athletics | Bohler Athletic Complex | PO Box 641602 Pullman, WA 99164-1602 | 1.800.GO.COUGS