Jan. 19, 2012
Final Stats |
Photo Gallery |
Washington State Notes:
- Faisal Aden scored a career-high 33 points...his previous career high was 28 done last year at Fresno State...it marks his third 20-point game of the season and the ninth of his career and the first 30-point game of his career.
- Aden is the first Cougar not named Klay Thompson to reach the 30-point plateau since Taylor Rochestie scored 33 against UCLA, Feb. 21, 2009.
- Aden made a career-high 13 free throws while attempting 13...was perfect from the line.
- Brock Motum reached double figures for the 16th time in 18 games this season....he finished with 16 points and led the team with six rebounds.
- Cougars shot a season-best .931 from the free throw line (27-for-29)...previous best was .792 (19-for-24) against Oregon State...the last time WSU shot above .900 was Jan. 16, 2011 at California (12-for-13).
- WSU defeated the first-place Cardinal (now 15-4, 5-2 in Pac-12)...snapped its three-game losing streak and Stanford's three-game winning streak.
- The Cougars scored 81 points, tying for their third-most this season and ties the most in conference play this season.
- WSU came back after trailing by as many as 13 points in the second half (at the 16:56 mark).
- Tonight's game marked the first in Pullman for the Cougars since Dec. 18, 2011.
- Washington State will host California Saturday at 3:05 p.m. at Beasley Coliseum in Pullman.