Gray "W" Executive Board
Become A Member
Update Your Information
Gray "W" Home Page
Gray "W" Club
While the Gray "W" Varsity Club is for WSU letterwinner alumni, the Gray "W" Club is for all current WSU student-athletes. Our motto is: "Cougs Supporting Cougs."
|Gray "W" Club Officers|
|President: Kate Benz||Women's Basketball, class of '07|
|Vice President: Jesse Taylor||Football, Class of '06|
|Secretary: Kelly Ramirez||Track & Field/Cross Country, Class of '07|
|Treasurer: Karen Demartini||Track & Field/Cross Country, Class of '07|
The Gray "W" Club is the official student-athlete association of Washington State University. The purpose of this club is based on four main principles:
- To build camaraderie and Cougar Spirit amongst all student-athletes and teams within the WSU Athletic Department.
- To perform philanthropic and fundraising efforts for WSU student-athlete scholarships and other charities.
- To provide volunteer and public service through various community outreach programs.
- To offer current Cougar student-athletes mentor and networking opportunities with former WSU letterwinners.
In pursuit of its mission, the Gray "W" Club strives to:
- Have a Gray "W" section at WSU athletic contests;
- Keep all Cougar student-athletes up-to-date on current news and happenings within the athletic department through the Gray "W" Newsletter; and
- Create a respectful atmosphere where all student-athletes know each other and support each respective team within the Athletics Department through the annual Gray "W" BBQ and Student-Athlete Directory.
We are looking for all Cougar student-athletes to join the Gray "W" Club in our efforts to make the Washington State University student-athlete experience the best in the country! Contact your Gray "W" representative or visit Bohler 140 to fill out a sign up sheet.
Do you have to be a letterwinner to be a part of the Gray "W" Club?
NO! All student-athletes are encouraged and invited to be members of the Club! The only difference is non-letterwinners cannot be a Gray "W" Club officer or serve as your team's Gray "W" representative.
Gray "W" Club Annual Dues
Your membership is only $10 a year, which provides you with:
- Your official Gray "W" Club T-Shirt;
- Access to fun events, functions, and socials;
- The opportunity to network and build contacts with Cougar student-athlete alumni, which could lead to a job, internship, or career advancement;
- The chance to play an integral role in raising funds to support scholarships for WSU student-athletes;
- A way to give back to a charity of the Club's choice; and
- The ability to volunteer to various community services in the area and the Northwest.
The Gray "W" COUGS:
Committee Of Unwavering Goodwill & Support
Each WSU sports team has at least one student-athlete that serves as their representative within the Gray "W" COUGS. Gray "W" officers and team representatives meet twice a month and plan events, activities, and functions within the Club. To get involved visit Bohler Athletic Complex 140, call 335-7156, or e-mail email@example.com.
Dating back several decades, WSU student-athletes where given a forum to combat some of the social challenges Pullman offered by joining the Gray "W" Club. The purpose of the Gray "W" Club was for WSU student-athletes to congregate, plan and participate in fun activities, raise money for scholarships and charities, and come together to build camaraderie and spirit amongst all WSU student-athletes and teams. The Gray "W" Club was comprised of current Cougar student-athletes who understood the important feeling of being a part of a family and who love WSU Athletics.
They call it the "Gray 'W' Club" because since the early 1900s, Gray "W's" were (and are still today) awarded to those Cougar student-athletes who earned a varsity letter award. Those Gray W's have been distinguished on lettermen's jackets and sweaters for over 100 years and symbolizes tradition, pride, and accomplishment. The Gray "W" Club has not been active for nearly three decades, but in 2005 the Athletic Department made a strong effort to bring it back and we are having great success engaging WSU student-athletes who understand what the true meaning of being a Cougar is: feelings of pride, family, fun, and support.