Feb. 27, 2009
Washington State vs. Arizona - Feb. 26, 2009 - Pullman, Wash. (Friel Court)
Final Score: WSU 69, Arizona 53
Washington State Notes:
- The Cougars got their first win over Arizona since Feb. 1, 2007.
- Klay Thompson tied the WSU freshman record for 3-pointers made with 62...the record was set by Bennie Seltzer in 1990.
- He moved into sole possession of second place in the WSU freshman record books for points-he now has 368.
- DeAngelo Casto tied the WSU blocks record with his one block on the night...he now has 36.
- Taylor Rochestie, Klay Thompson and Caleb Forrest all scored in double-figures for the second-straight game.
- Casto scored a career high 11 points-previous high was 10 against Gonzaga (Dec. 10).
- WSU tied its season high for assists with 22.
- Just the second time this season the Cougars have scored 65-plus points in back-to-back games and the first in Pac-10 play.