Jan. 17, 2009
Final Score: Washington State 74, Oregon 62
- The Cougars went perfect from the free throw line (28-for-28) for the first time since Feb. 1, 2007 (9-for-9)...best free throw performance by the Cougars in school history...previous best was 19-for-19 from the free throw line March 1, 1968 against Oregon...Pacific-10 Conference record, previous best was 22-for-22 (USC vs. Oregon, March 8, 2002)...best performance in NCAA this season.
- Marcus Capers got the first start of his career...played a career-high 31 minutes...previous high was 26 minutes against Mississippi Valley State (Nov. 15).
- The Cougars used their fifth starting lineup of the season...last year the Cougars used just three starting lineups the whole year, including an all-senior lineup on senior day.
- Three different freshmen have started for WSU this season (Thompson, Casto, Capers).
- Taylor Rochestie scored in double figures for the ninth-straight game...hit the 20-point plateau for the second time in a week (21 against Stanford-Jan. 10)...scored a career-high 30 points...previous high was 24 points last year against Oregon State...first Cougar with 30 points since Derrick Low scored 37 Jan. 27, 2007 vs. Oregon.
- Rochestie set a career high with 16 free throws made...went 16-for-16 from free throw line...previous high was nine...Ties school record...Marcus Moore also went 16-for-16 Jan. 12, 2002, against Arizona State.
- Aron Baynes recorded his second-consecutive double-double, the second of the season and the fifth of his career (19 points and 12 rebounds).
- Baynes hit his first career 3-pointer...1-for-3 in his career.
- WSU held Oregon to tie its season-low first-half point total with 17.
- With 15 points, Klay Thompson moved into the top-10 in the WSU freshman class record books...he now has 196 points...moved onto list for 3-pointer, tied Marcus Moore for 10th with 26.