The Cougar Mania Strength and Conditioning Complex, which opened in 1997, consists of two floors covering 14,000 square feet. The weight room staff uses the latest strength and conditioning equipment to serve the unique needs of WSU student-athletes.
Already considered one of the best in the nation, the Strength and Conditioning Complex underwent a renovation during the spring of 2010.
After the renovation, the facility has 24 racks for each of the three lifts and new sets of rubber weights for each rack. Additionally, a set of TRX straps, a suspension training tool device that allows athletes to receive an entire workout without using weights, is installed on each rack.
Furthermore, a new rubber surface, mondo flooring, was installed on both floors of the room. Despite the presence of more equipment, the layout has been rearranged to allow more space for athletes to move around within the complex.
Cougar Mania Strength and Conditioning Complex
- More Than 14,000 Square Feet
- Mondo Inlay Flooring
- 24 UCS Multi-Purpose Racks and Utility Benches
- 24 Texas Power Bars
- 24 Fat Bars (Olympic Style)
- 24 Sets of Iron Grip Plates
- 24 Sets of Werksan Bumper Plates
- 24 TRX Straps
- 10 UCS Utility DB Benches
- 3 Sets of Iron Grip Dumbbells Ranging From 5 - 150 lbs
- 91 Dragon Door Kettlebells Ranging from 8 - 40 kgs
- 1 Pit Shark Belt Squat Machine
- 1 MVP Shuttle
- 12 Versa Climbers
- 3 Woodway Treadmills
- 5 SciFit Recumbant Bikes
- 5 SciFit Upright Bikes
- 2 SciFit Arm Ergometers
- 2 Precore EFX Eliptical Machines
- 2 Matrix Spin Bikes