Jan. 15, 2011
Final Score: Washington State 61, Stanford 58
Washington State Notes:
- WSU snapped a five-game losing streak at Stanford, notching its first win at Maples Pavilion since 2005.
- With 21 points, Klay Thompson jumped Bennie Seltzer to move into sixth all-time on the WSU career scoring list...he now has 1,436 points.
- Nine of the last 11 meetings between the Cougars and Cardinal have been decided by single digits.
- For the second year in a row the game at Stanford was decided by three points or less (two last year).
- With 13 points in the second half, Klay Thompson reached double figures in the second half for the 33rd time in his career...he's scored double-figures in 66 halves over his career.
- Cougars picked up first Pac-10 road win of the season (1-3)...improve to 13-5 overall and 3-3 in conference play.
- Washington State's 23 first-half points are its third-fewest in a first half this season (22 against Kansas State and at USC).
- For the fifth time this season both Klay Thompson (21) and Faisal Aden (20) reached the 20-point plateau (only Cougar duo to do it this year).
- Reggie Moore did not play...he is suspended indefinitely.