Dec. 22, 2010
Washington State vs. Mississippi State
Dec. 22, 2010 - Honolulu (Stan Sheriff Center)
Diamond Head Classic
Final Score: Washington State 83, Mississippi State 57
Washington State Notes:
- WSU is 11-1 in its last five tournaments (including the Diamond Head Classic) and improves to 2-0 against Mississippi State. The Cougars will play the winner of the Baylor/San Diego game which takes place following the Cougars' game.
- Abe Lodwick scored a season-high nine points and tied his career high of three 3- pointers made (3-for-5).
- Klay Thompson has scored 143 points in his six regular season tournaments of his career, averaging 23.8 points per game in those six games.
- For the first time this season WSU has trailed at the half in back-to-back games.
- Thompson came one point shy of his first-half season high with 17 points in the first period.
- Thompson moved into 15th on the WSU scoring list passing Ron Bennink...he now has 1,240 points, just two out of 14th.
- WSU outrebounded its opponent for the first time since a +11 rebound margin against Sacramento State (Nov. 30)...WSU had 42 rebounds to Mississippi State's 29.
- WSU got 24 points off of MSU's 21 turnovers compared to just four for MSU off of WSU's 12 turnovers.
- The Cougars have scored 80 or more points in seven of their 10 games this season, while holding their opponent under 60 six times.