Oct. 10, 2010
OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. - Washington State University rowing wrapped up racing Sunday at the Head of the Oklahoma on the Oklahoma River picking up victories in its only two events of the day, the women's open two and the women's open four.
"It was a great day," WSU head coach Jane LaRiviere said. "There was a lot of good racing, everybody got a lot out of the weekend. It was fun. We're just excited to come back and continue training."
The women's open two started the day at 9 a.m. CT as the pair of seniors Sarah Wolff and Annie Eastwood placed first with a time of 16:52.760. The Cougars had three other boats in the race as the C team of Corinna Sharick and Allie Reilly placed 10th with a time of 17:55.918.
The A squad of Katie Dick and Natasha Ostopovich had a minute added onto their time and in turn came in 11th with a time of 18:00.401. The WSU D duo of Hannah deVos and Crystal Martin placed 13th with a time of 18:09.391,
Later in the morning the Cougar fours took to the water for the women's open four. WSU found victory once again as the A crew of Liz England, Lisa Roman, Justine Galbraith, Christina Kinck (stroke) and Heidi Kim (Coxswain) won the event with a time of 15:22.497. The second-place boat, Oklahoma A, came in over 25 seconds later with a time of 15:49.355.
Washington State returns to the water for fall competition, Saturday, Oct. 23 for the Head of the Spokane hosted by Gonzaga in Spokane. The Cougars host their lone home fall even, Head of the Snake, Friday, Oct. 29 at Wawawai Landing.
Women's Open 2- (Sunday, Oct. 10, 9 a.m. CT)
1. Washington State B (Annie Eastwood, Sarah Wolff), 16:52.760
2. Iowa B (Cristina Pozzan, Allison Robinson), 17:08.838
3. Iowa C (Allison Lofthouse, Erin Sodawasser), 17:16.063
4. Oklahoma A (Nicole Furmanek, Meagan Harrell), 17:23.895
5. Oklahoma B (Sarah Kelle, Brooke Sheppard), 17:27.289
6. Iowa A (Katy Kroll, Annemarie Bernhard), 17:32.171
7. Oklahoma City B (Katie Sondag, Rose Lane), 17:43.669
8. Mile High Rowing Club A (Kati O'hara, Ann Cuthbertson), 17:45.286
9. Oklahoma C (Brooke Holleman, Katie Klassen), 17:46.720
10. Washington State C (Corinna Sharick, Allie Reilly), 17:55.918
11. Washington State A (Katie Dick, Natasha Ostopovich), 17:00.401 (+01:00.000)=18:00.401
12. Oklahoma City A (Dinah Harjo, Cassandra Robbins), 18:04.369
13. Washington State D (Hannah deVos, Crystal Martin), 18:09.391
14. Oklahoma D (Nicole Bladow, Amber Coyne), 18:14.916
Women's Open 4+ (Sunday, Oct. 10, 10:55 a.m. CT)
1. Washington State A, 15:22.497
2. Oklahoma A, 15:49.355
3. Washington State B, 16:07.009
4. Oklahoma B, 16:24.177
5. Kansas Athletics A, 16:30.847
6. Kansas Athletics B, 17:00.010
7. Kansas Athletics C, 17:15.445
8. Oklahoma City A, 17:29.577
9. Colorado State A, 18:39.904