Nov. 14, 2009
Final Score: Washington State 94, Mississippi Valley State 66
Washington State Notes:
- The Cougars' 94 points are the most since scoring 98 against Washington, March 1, 2003.
- For the second-straight year, six freshmen made their debuts in the season opener (Reggie Moore, Xavier Thames, Brock Motum, Anthony Brown, Steven Bjornstad, John Allen-RS).
- Reggie Moore became the second Cougar freshman to start as season opener in as many years...last year Klay Thompson became the first freshman to start for WSU since the 2004-05 season.
- The Cougars grabbed 13 offensive rebounds in the first half, the most since pulling down 15 in the first half against Washington Jan. 31, 2003.
- Abe Lodwick had a career-high nine rebounds...his previous high was six in his Cougar debut last year, also against MVSU (Nov. 15, 2008).
- WSU's 43 first half points mark the most since putting up 44 in the first period in the 2005-06 season opener against UC Riverside (Nov. 19, 2005).
- DeAngelo Casto scored a career-high 18 points...previous high was 11 points against Arizona, Feb. 26, 2009.
- Marcus Capers also had a career-high for points with 10...previous was six done three times as a freshman.
- Charlie Enquist tied this career high with six points....he had a career-high five rebounds.
- Klay Thompson attempted more than four free throws for the first time in his career...he finished 8-for-9 from the line.