Team Physician: Washington State University/University of Idaho
Clinical Instructor University of Washington
Dept. of Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine
Hobbies:Traveling overseas, fishing, reading, hiking, mountain biking, weight lifting, diving, skiing
Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery
B.A. History, 1988
Honors and Awards
- Graduation with Honors, June 1993
- Alpha Omega Alpha, 1993
- Theodore J. Phillips Award for Excellence, 1993 (outstanding achievement in family practice)
- Selected to Medical School Admissions Committee, 1991-93
- Lange Medical Publication Award, 1991 (recognition of high academic achievement)
- Most Outstanding Graduating Senior, College of Arts and Sciences, 1988
- Summa Cum Laude, 1988
- Phi Beta Kappa, 1988
- Raymond Muse Award for Excellence in Scholarship, 1987
- Phi Alpha Theta, Honorary Historical Society, 1988
- First-Team Academic All-Pacific-Ten Conference, Running Back 1988
- National Football Foundation and Hall of Fame Scholar Athlete, 1988 (one of 11 awards given nationwide for academic excellence, athletic performance and display of leadership on the campus)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery - Diplomate 2002
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (Active Fellow)
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (Active Member/State Delegate)
- American College of Sports Medicine
- National Football Foundation and Hall of Fame
- Christian Medical and Dental Society
- American Heart Association - ACLS Provider 2011
- Team Physician - Washington State University and University of Idaho, 2000-Present
- Chairman - Pullman Regional Hospital Surgical Staff, 2002-present
- Washington State University, College of Liberal Arts, Graduation Speaker 5/2004
- Campus co-leader Fellowship of Christian Athletes, 1987-89
- Student-Athlete Advisory Board, 1987-89
- Rural Underserved Opportunites Program, 1989
- Promise Keepers, 1995-present
Bashaw RT, Tingstad EM, Rehabilitation of the osteoarthritic patient: Focus on the knee. Clin Sports Med 2005 Jan;24(1): 101-31.
Grauer JN, Tingstad EM, Rand N, Christie MJ, Hilibrand AS, Predictors of paralysis in the rheumatoid cervical spine in patients undergoing total joint arthroplasty. J Bone Joint Surg Am 2004 Jul;86-A(7): 1420-4.
McCarty EC, Spindler KP, Tingstad, EM, Shyr Y, Higgins, M, Does Intraarticular Morphine Improve Pain Control After Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction? Am J Sports Medicine, 2001 May-June 29 (3) 327-332.
Tingstad, EM, Teitz, CC, Simonian, PT., Complications Associated with the use of Meniscus Arrows. Am J Sports Medicine, 2001 Jan-Feb 29(1) 96-98.
Christie, MJ, Deboer, DK, Tingstad, EM, Capps, M, Brinson MF, Trick, L.W., Clinical Experience with A Modular Noncemented Femoral Component in in Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty: 4 to 7 Year Results. Journal of Arthroplasty 2000 Oct;15(7):840-8.
Tingstad, EM, Wolinsky, PR., Shyr, Y. Johnson, KD., Effect of Immediate Weightbearing on Plated fractures of the Humeral Shaft. Journal of Trauma 2000 Aug;49(2): 278-80.
Tingstad, E. M., Farrow, J., Deisher, R. "Teenage Fathers: Their perceived influence on pregnancy outcome and attitudes toward condom use and AIDS. East Coast Medical Scientific Symposium, Health of Black Adolescent Male. 1990
Larson, RV, Tingstad, EM Reconstruction of the posterolateral corner of the knee. In Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, ed. DeLee & Drez et al.
Tingstad EM, Arthroscopic Anatomy of the Knee, in The Adult Knee, Callaghan JJ et al 2003 Lippincott, 45-54.
Tingstad EM, Arthroscopic Anatomy: The Knee, in Operative Arthroscopy 3rd ed., McGinty JB Lippincott, 2003, 178-176
Presentations at National Meetings
Clinical Experience with a modular Noncemented Femoral Component in Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty: Four to Seven Year Results. Christie, M.J., Trick, L.W., Tingstad, E.M., Deboer, D.K., Podium Presentation (M.J. Christie) at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Annual Meeting, February 13-17, 1997 San Francisco, CA.
Operatively Treated Humeral Shaft Fractures: Review of a nine-year experience. Tingstad, E.M., Wolinsky, P.R., Shyr, Y., Johnson, K.D., Podium Presentation at the American Orthopaedic Association 30th Annual Residents Conference, March 14-16, 1997 New York, NY.
Effect of Immediate Weightbearing on Plated Fractures of the Humerus. Tingstad, E.M., Wolinsky, P.R. Shyr, Y., Johnson, K.D., Poster Presentation at Orthopaedic Trauma Association Annual Meeting, October 16-19 1997, Louisville, KY.
Cervical Spondylitis in Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients Undergoing Total Joint Arthroplasty, Tingstad, E.M., Rand, N., Hilibrand, A.H.. Poster Presentation at the Cervical Spine Research Society 25th Annual Meeting, December 4-6, 1997, Rancho Mirage, CA.
Effect of Immediate Weightbearing on Plated Fractures of the Humerus., Tingstad, E.M., Wolinsky, P.R., Shyr, Y Johnson, K.D., Podium Presentation the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Annual Meeting, March 19-23, 1998, New Orleans, LA.
Intra-articular Morphine with a Femoral Nerve Block after Anterior Cruciate Reconstruction., Tingstad, E.M., McCarty, E.M. Phaneuf, M.A., Edkin, B., Higgins, M. Spindler, K.P., Podium Presentation at the 5th Annual Residents and Fellows Arthroscopy Conference, April 16-19, 1998 Scottsdale, AZ.
A Nine-Year Experience with plating of Humeral Shaft Fractures., Tingstad, E.M., Wolinsky, P.R., Shyr, Y., Johnson, K.D., Podium Presentation at the American Fracture Association 60th Annual Meeting and Scientific Program, May 8-10 1998, Nashville, TN.
Rheumatoid Arthritis of the Cervical Spine in Patients Undergoing Total Joint Arthroplasty, Tingstad, E.M., Rand, N., Hilibrand, A.H.. Poster Presentation at the North American Spine Society 13h Annual Meeting, October 28-31, 1998.
Meniscal Allografts in 2005, Tingstad, E. M. Podium presentation at North Pacific Orthopaedic Society Annual Meeting, Spokane, WA September 18, 2005.
Meniscus Repair Update 2011, Tingstad, E. M. Podium presentations at CU Sports Medicine 2011 Fall Symposium, Boulder, CO September 30, 2011.
Revision ACL Surgery: Management and Technical Problems, Tingstad, E. M. Podium presentation at CU Sports Medicine 2011 Fall Symposium, Boulder, CO September 30, 2011.