Dec. 23, 2010
Washington State vs. No. 15 Baylor - Dec. 23, 2010 - Honolulu (Stan Sheriff Center)
Diamond Head Classic - Semifinals
Final Score: Washington State 77, No. 15 Baylor 71
Washington State Notes:
- WSU got its first win over a ranked opponent since defeating No. 14 Arizona State, 51-49 in OT, Feb. 28, 2009.
- The Cougars improve to 46-209 all-time against ranked opponents and 19-155 against the AP top-15.
- The Cougars will face either Florida State or Butler Saturday (Dec. 25) for the Diamond Head Classic Championship at 4:30 p.m. HT (6:30 p.m. PT)...the game can be seen live on ESPN2.
- The Cougars will appear in their fifth-straight tournament championship game (John Thompson Foundation Challenge-2006, Cougar Hispanic College Fund Challenge-2007, Legends Classic-2008 and Great Alaska Shootout-2009).
- Klay Thompson is averaging 20.4 points per game in tournaments during his career at Washington State...he's played in seven tournament games so far and has appeared on his previous two all-tournament teams, including Most Outstanding Player last year at the Great Alaska Shootout.
- WSU improves to 3-1 all-time against Baylor.
- Reggie Moore grabbed a career-high six rebounds...previous high was five done twice last season.
- The Cougars had a season-high five players score in double figures (Thompson-20, Moore-12, Aden-13, Motum-12 and Casto-12).