Jan. 30, 2010
Washington State at Washington - Jan. 30, 2010 - Seattle, Wash. (Bank of America Arena)
Final Score: Washington 92, Washington State 64
Washington State Notes:
- Xavier Thames scored a career-high 15 points to lead the Cougars...was 6-for-8 from the field and 2-for-3 from 3-point range.
- Nikola Koprivica had his first career double-double with 13 points and 11 rebounds... tied his career high with 11 rebounds.
- Nine Cougars attempted at least one free throw in the game, tying for the most different WSU players to attempt a free throw this season.
- The 28-point loss marked WSU's largest loss of the season...fell by 25 at Arizona State.
- WSU made its first four shots to start the game (two of them 3-pointers).
- Koprivica had a career-best 13-first half points...his three 3-pointers are his most in a first half and just the second time he's had more than two in the first period.
- Thompson attempted his first free throw of the game at the 7:36 mark...his first free throw since the 45 second mark in the second half at USC (Jan. 21).
- For the first time in his career, Klay Thompson did not start the game...had started 53-consecutive games.
- Senior Nikola Koprivica got his first start of the season...started four games as a freshman and 18 as a junior.
- The Cougars wore their gray uniforms as the visiting team for the first time this season...first WSU loss when wearing gray, are now 3-1.