March 13, 2009
Washington State vs. No. 15/14 UCLA - March 12, 2009 - Los Angeles, Calif. (Staples Center)
Pacific-10 Conference Tournament - Quarterfinals
Final Score: No. 15/14 UCLA 64, WSU 53
Washington State Notes:
- Aron Baynes had his second-consecutive 20-point scoring game...finished with 22 points and six rebounds-tied his season high for points-also scored 22 at Arizona State (Jan. 29).
- The Cougars were one shy of their biggest halftime deficit of the season, 13 points also against UCLA in Pullman, Jan. 22.
- WSU's 21-point first half ties for third-fewest points in the first half by the Cougars this season.
- Mike Harthun made the first 3-pointer of his career-made his only attempts playing eight minutes.
- The Cougars were able to improve their field goal percentage after shooting just .206 from the field in the first half to .300 for the game after shooting .423 in the second period-shot better from the field than UCLA in the second half (UCLA-.368).
- Klay Thompson tied his career low against a Pac-10 opponent with five points.
- Rochestie played his 12th complete game of the season and fifth in the last six games, clocking all 40 minutes.
- WSU has never won multiple games in the Pac-10 Tournament.