Washington State vs. Northwestern - March 23, 2011 - Pullman, Wash. (Beasley Coliseum)
Final Score: No. 2 Washington State 69, No. 4 Northwestern 66 (OT)
Washington State Notes:
- Washington State advances to the NIT Semifinals for the first time in school history.
- The Cougars become just the fifth Pac-10 team to advance to New York and it marks the sixth time it will happen (Oregon went twice).
- WSU is the first Pac-10 team in the NIT Semifinals since Oregon in 2004.
- Klay Thompson led the Cougars in scoring (17), rebounds (nine) and assists (four).
- Five Cougs scored in double figures for just the third time this season (Thompson-17), Motum-13, Casto, Moore and Aden all with 11)...also had five players in double figures against Baylor and California.
- Marcus Capers tied his season high with three blocked shots.
- The WSU bench outscored Northwestern's 24-2.
- Cougars move to 2-2 in overtime games this season...losses at Cal and at home to UCLA and victories over Santa Clara and now Northwestern.
- For the first time in eight games, Klay Thompson did not reach the 20-point plateau.
- Brock Motum tied his career first-half high with 11 points in the first 20 minutes...also scored 11 against Sacramento State this season (Nov. 30).
- Thompson has 1,750 career points, ranking 43rd in the Pac-10 in career scoring.
- Thompson's 727 points this season are the most by a Pac-10 player since Eddie House of Arizona State scored 736 in 1999-2000.
- Washington State will face Wichita State Tuesday, March 29 at 7 p.m. on ESPN2 in the first semifinal...Alabama and Colorado meet at 9 p.m. in the other semifinal game.