Don't have an account? Click Here

Hollingbery Fieldhouse

View Larger Map

Work began on the Orin Ercel Hollingbery Fieldhouse in 1929. Like neighboring Bohler Gymnasium, the Fieldhouse has withstood the test of time to become one of Washington State University's most treasured landmarks.

The all-purpose building takes its name from legendary WSU football coach O.E. "Babe" Hollingbery, who led the Cougars on the gridiron from 1926 to 1942. Hollingbery compiled 93 wins in his 17-year career, still the most of any WSU head football coach.

Hollingbery Fieldhouse became the indoor home to WSU tennis in the fall of 2006.

The brick, naturally lit facility has served a variety of purposes for WSU athletics. Spring sports such as baseball, track and tennis are able escape the inclement Palouse weather and use Hollingbery as a second home during the late winter months. A Tartan track was installed in 1985, replacing the dirt surface and bringing indoor track meets to Pullman. Hollingbery was also Washington State's ROTC headquarters for many years and served as a practice facility for the Cougar rifle team in the 1980's.

In 2006, renovations included a new playing surface, updated lighting, and tennis backdrops. The facility has been named The Simmelink Courts at Hollingbery Fieldhouse in honor of Cougar supporter and donor Audrey Simmelink.

Washington State Cougars Track & Field