Don't have an account? Click Here

Mooberry Track & Field Complex

View Larger Map

Memorable Mooberry Moments

Like the baseball team, Cougar Track and Field got a new home after the football field was renovated in 1980. The Mooberry Track and Field Complex opened under the shadows of Martin Stadium's north bleachers on May 3, 1980 with a 101-61 dual meet victory over Washington.

The facility is named after long-time Washington State Track Coach Jack Mooberry, who compiled a .706 winning percentage from 1946 to 1973.

All running and field events are held on site. The oval track runs north-south and has nine lanes on the straightaway and eight on the curves. The javelin, shot put, discus, pole vault, and jumping events are all held on the infield.

Grandstands line the north ends of the straight stretches. Mooberry has a seating capacity of 4000, with additional room for standing room spectators. The press box sits atop the west bleachers. It houses members of the media, official scorers and the public address announcer.

The Mooberry Track and Field Complex has been home to five of the Cougar men's Pac-10 championship teams.

In 2012, Mooberry Track underwent renovations that included updating the track surface and reconfiguring the infield track area for more effective use for field events. The new running surface, the Beynon Sports Surface 2000, is promoted as giving an Olympic caliber running surface that gives athletes the ultimate edge when it comes to competitive performance. The 2012 US Olympic Trials were held on the same surface. For full details on the renovations, click here.

Washington State Cougars Track & Field