The mission of the Washington State University Intercollegiate Student-Athlete Development Office is to help all student-athletes identify and meet their academic goals leading to graduation and career development. We are committed to providing each student-athlete with a structured learning environment and encourage each individual to develop confidence, independence, and to mature mentally, emotionally, physically, and socially. The Student-Athlete Development Office supports student-athletes through assessment, counseling and skill development services so that they can better balance their academic and athletic responsibilities and further realize their potential.
- ► To graduate student-athletes at a level consistent with, or better than, the Washington State University student body.
- ► To graduate 100% of the student-athletes who exhaust their eligibility at the University.
- ► To graduate each sport program at a level consistent with or better than the University student body.
- ► To meet the challenges of NCAA academic reform legislation.
- ► To provide meaningful opportunities for service in the Pullman community.
- ► To assess student-athletes' academic skills and develop strategies for their success in the classroom.
- ► To provide excellent resources and training, and to enhance student-athlete skill sets.
- ► To provide career development skills that allow student-athletes to realize their vocational interests.
- ► To provide unmatched academic, personal and career advising and counseling to student-athletes.
- ► To provide exceptional academic experiences for all student-athletes who access the Student-Athlete Development staff.