March 26, 2012
Washington State vs. Pittsburgh - March 26, 2012 - Beasley Coliseum (Pullman, Wash.)
College Basketball Invitational presented by Zebra Pen Championship Round - Game 1
Final Score: WSU 67, PITT 66
Washington State Notes:
- Abe Lodwick scored in double figures for the fourth-straight game (16 points) and grabbed seven rebounds, grabbing seven or more rebounds for the third-straight game...he's averaging 16.3 points per game in the four College Basketball Invitational (CBI) games.
- Lodwick went 4-for-5 from beyond the 3-point arc and moved into first on the WSU single-season list for 3-point field goal percentage, shooting at a .495 clip (47-for-95).
- Reggie Moore notched his fourth double-digit performance in the last five games, finishing with 14 points...he has made 32 free throws in the four CBI games (6.0 made free throws per game).
- Patrick Simon's six points (2-for-3 from 3-point) mark his most since also scoring six against Santa Clara, Dec. 11...it more than doubles his tournament total, as he scored two points against Wyoming, three at Oregon State and didn't play at San Francisco.
- Charlie Enquist logged 27 minutes, tying his second-most played this season...he finished with nine points, his most since scoring 18 against Santa Clara, Dec. 11.
- DaVonté Lacy had 10 points, marking his first double-figure performance since scoring 17 at home against Arizona State, Feb. 18.
- The Cougars shot a season-high .600 (9-for-15) from beyond the 3-point arc...WSU has shot .567 (17-for-30) in its last two games from 3-point.
- WSU was one off of its season low with eight turnovers, just the second time this season the Cougars have committed single-digit turnovers.
- Seven of the nine Cougars to see action scored.
- Washington State leads the best-of-three series over Pittsburgh...the two teams will travel to Pittsburgh, Pa., for the second game, Wednesday, March 28 at 4 p.m. PT/7 p.m. ET...if necessary, the third game will be played Friday, March 30 at 4 p.m. PT/7 p.m. ET.