Jan. 16, 2013
Utah at Washington State - Jan. 16, 2013 - Beasley Coliseum (Pullman, Wash.)
Final Score: WSU 75, UTAH 65
Washington State Notes:
- Mike Ladd tied his career high and set a personal WSU best with 22 points...his career high was set while at Fresno State, Feb. 14, 2009 against New Mexico State.
- Ladd tied his career high with 5 3-pointers made...it's his personal WSU high, his career high was previously set while playing at Fresno State against San Jose State, Jan. 11, 2010.
- Ladd scored in double figures for the fifth-straight game and reached the 20-point plateau for the first time as a Cougar.
- Brock Motum tied his season-low of 14 points...has scored in double figures in all 17 games this season.
- Motum did not score in the first half for the first time since his sophomore year, March 29, 2011 against Wichita State at the NIT at New York's Madison Square Garden.
- Motum's 14 points puts him at 1,263, tying Larry Beck for 14th on WSU's career scoring list...he's 22 away from Carlos Daniel in 13th.
- Royce Woolridge finished with 14 points and has scored in double figures three-straight games...he tied his second-highest career point total.
- DaVonté Lacy scored 8 of his 10 points in the first half to finish in double figures for the first time since scoring 10 against Washington, Jan. 5.
- D.J. Shelton scored 7 of his 10 points in the first half, finishing 3-for-4 from the field and 1-for-1 from 3-point range in the game...he reached double figures for just the second time this season and the first since scoring 14 against Idaho, Nov. 28.
- The Cougars set a season high with 11 3-pointers made...the previous high was 10.
- WSU shot .550 (11-for-20) from 3-point range, its best 3-point percentage of the season.
- The Cougars' .500 (24-for-48) field goal percentage is their best since the second game of the season when they shot .518 (29-for-56) from the field, and their third best of the season.
- WSU scored 28 of its points off Utah's 17 turnovers.
- Utah assisted on 15 of its 23 made field goals.