Nov. 20, 2012
Washington State vs. Texas A&M - Nov. 20, 2012 - Sprint Center (Kansas City, Mo.)
2012 Edward Jones CBE Hall of Fame Classic - Consolation Game
Final Score: TEXAS A&M 55, WSU 54
Washington State Notes:
- Dexter Kernich-Drew got his first start of the season and just the second of his career...he finished with a career-high 16 points, his third double-figure scoring game of his career and the second of this season...his previous career high is 14 set against Utah Valley this season.
- Kernich-Drew made a career-high 4 3-pointers and was 6-for-10 from the field.
- Kernich-Drew became the first Cougar not named Brock Motum to lead the team in scoring this season.
- Brock Motum finished with 15 points and has scored in double-figures in all five of the Cougars' games this season...he scored his 1,000th points against Kansas one game prior and now has 1,015 points.
- D.J. Shelton made the third 3-pointer of his career and has made a 3-pointer in each of the last three games.
- Will DiIorio played a season-high 23 minutes and scored 5 points...he scored 13 points in the two CBE Championship Round games.
- Freshman walk-on Bryce Leavitt saw his first action of the season, playing 3 minutes where he grabbed one rebound and dished out an assist.
- The Cougars held the Aggies to just. .365 (19-for-52) shooting from the field and .313 (5-for-16) from 3-point range.
- The Cougars have lost two of their last three games by a total of 3 points.
- Texas A&M's 16 first-half points are the fewest by a WSU opponent since USC scored 14 in the first half last season, March 3, 2012.
- Sophomore guard DaVonté Lacy did not play after injuring his left knee in Monday's game against Kansas...he will be evaluated when the team returns to Pullman.