Dec. 7, 2008
Final Score: Washington State 58, Baylor 52
Washington State Notes:
- Cougars are now 42-103 all-time against the AP top-25...2-4 against the No. 24 team (came in 2-3)...now 30-82 at home against the top-25.
- WSU's first home loss of the season.
- Cougars' first nonconference loss at Pullman since falling to No. 25 Gonzaga, 54-52, Dec. 7, 2004.
- WSU held Baylor to a season-low, 29 first-half points. The Bears' previous low was 31 in the first half against both Wake Forest and Arizona State.
- The Cougars' 29-22 halftime deficit marked the first time they have trailed at the half at home all season.
- Klay Thompson did not score in the first half for the first time this season (had two fouls)...got first points at 18:37 mark in second half.
- For the second-straight meeting with Baylor, WSU trailed at the half.
- The crowd of 9,038 is the largest the Cougars have played in front of thus far this year.