WSU VOLLEYBALL CELEBRATES SENIORS THEN TRAVELS TO UW
The Washington State University volleyball team (5-13 in Pac-12, 18-13 overall) coming off another come-from-behind 3-2 win over a ranked team, hosts Oregon Wed., Nov. 27 for Senior Night at 7 p.m. in Bohler Gym honoring Marcelina Glab and Camryn Irwin...SPECIAL PRICES FOR THE NOV. 27 MATCH ARE $3 RESERVED SEATS, $2 NON-RESERVED SEATS, OR TRADE 1 CAN OF FOOD FOR 1 GENERAL ADMISSION TICKET...WSU takes on No. 5 Washington in Seattle Fri., Nov. 29 at 8 p.m...the Cougars-Ducks match will be a live video stream while the WSU at UW match will be broadcast on Pac-12 Networks and heard on KQQQ-AM radio (1150 AM) in Pullman and on wsucougars.com.
COUGAR COACHING STAFF
Jen Stinson Greeny is in her third season as WSU’s head coach (43-52 at WSU, 3 years; 155-76 in career, 7 years) - complete Greeny bio on page 4...assistant coaches Burdette Greeny (3rd year) and Shannon Hunt (first year)...volunteer coach Kali Gesser...all four coaches are former WSU student-athletes...Katie Hinrichs is coordinator of operations (3rd year) who played for the Greenys at Lewis-Clark State College.
* WSU will honor two seniors before the Oregon match in Bohler Gym Nov. 27: Marcelina Glab (four-year letterwinner) and Camryn Irwin (thrre-year letterwinner) have both etched their names into WSU records.
* Setter Camryn Irwin is in fourth place in WSU career assists with 3,341 (498 from third place).
* MH Marcelina Glab’s 402 career total blocks is sixth-best in WSU all-time records and only 11 away from Joanne Johnson’s 1991-93 total of 412 for fifth.
*Glab’s 364 block assists is third-best in WSU all-time career records, just passing her Head Coach’s 1995-98 career total of 360.
* In the series with Oregon, WSU’s last win was in 2005, in Pullman, in 5 sets.
* In the series with Washington, WSU’s last win was in 2009, in Pullman, and the Cougars’ last win in Seattle was in 2001.
* WSU has defeated three nationally-ranked teams: 3-2 win over No. 16 Arizona State Oct. 11, a 3-2 win over No. 4 USC Nov. 17, and a 3-2 win over No. 23 California Nov. 24.
For complete release click on the PDF.