WSU VOLLEYBALL HAS MID-WEEK MATCHES IN THE DESERT
The Washington State University volleyball team (3-9 in Pac-12, 16-9 overall) hits the road for mid-week matches in the desert...in Tempe Wed., Nov. 6, Cougars play Arizona State (4-8 in Pac-12, 15-9 overall) at 7:30 p.m. PT...the next night in Tucson, WSU plays Arizona (6-6 in Pac-12, 16-8 overall) at 7 p.m. PT...both matches will be broadcast on Pac-12 Networks...all WSU road matches are broadcast on KQQQ-AM in Pullman and online at wsucougars.com
COUGAR COACHING STAFF
Jen Stinson Greeny is in her third season as WSU’s head coach (41-48 at WSU, 3 years; 153-72 in career, 7 years) - complete Greeny bio on page 4...assistant coaches Burdette Greeny (3rd year) and Shannon Hunt (first year)...volunteer coach Kali Gesser...all four coaches are former WSU student-athletes...Katie Hinrichs is coordinator of operations (3rd year) who played for the Greenys at Lewis-Clark State College.
* With the 3-0 win over Utah 11/2, WSU has reached as many conference wins as in all of 2012...Utah was the highest RPI-ranking opponent (No. 17) that the Cougars have defeated this year.
* In the series with Arizona State, ASU leads in Pac-12 matches 17-10 when played in Tempe...WSU deeated No. 16 ASU 3-2 in Pullman, Oct. 11.
* In the series with Arizona, UA leads 22-4 in Pac-12 Conference matches played in Tucson...Arizona won the Oct. 13 match in Pullman this year, 3-2.
* WSU’s 3-2 win over No. 16 Arizona State Oct. 11:
> first win over a ranked team in Jen Greeny’s three seasons
> first Cougars win over a ranked team since Oct. 23, 2009 when WSU defeated No. 4 Washington 3-1 in Pullman
* 2009 was the last season WSU advanced to the NCAA Championships.
* WSU’s 13-0 start in the 2013 season was the second-best in school history...the 1997 team, which had Head Coach Jen (Stinson) Greeny and Assistant Coach Shannon (Wyckoff) Hunt as players, raced to a school record 16-0 start.
* Setter Camryn Irwin is in fourth place in WSU career assists with 3,165 (674 from third place).
HOLT NAMED PAC-12 FRESHMAN OF WEEK
For the second time this season, WSU’s Kyra Holt (6-1, OH, Hercules, Calif.) was named Pac-12 Freshman of the Week (10/28-11/3)...Holt tallied a match-high 20 kills plus 8 digs and 4 blocks in the 3-0 win over Utah...also had match-high 19 kills plus 9 digs, 3 blocks and 2 aces in 2-3 loss to Colorado...leads WSU with a 3.97 kps average and a 4.67 pps average, both 7th-best in Pac-12, and 0.34 aces per set average is 5th-best in Pac-12....Holt has double-digit kills in 23 of 24 WSU matches and 10 double-doubles with kills and digs, tied for fourth-best in Pac-12.
Complete release in PDF attached.