March 29, 2011
Final Score: Wichita State 75, Washington State 44
Washington State Notes:
- The Cougars 44 points their second lowest of the season...low was 43 at Oregon (Feb. 3)....the 31-point loss is the worst all season...the Cougs lost by 26 in that game at Oregon.
- The Cougars scored a season first-half low 19 points...previous low was 22 done twice, last at USC (Dec. 31).
- WSU did not make a 3-pointer in the game for the first time since March 12, 2009 at the Pac-10 Tournament against Oregon.
- Klay Thompson tied his season-low with six points in a season-low 25 minutes...he scored in single digits for just the third time this season.
- Washington State's 17-point half-time deficit ties for the team's largest halftime deficit of the season...also trailed Stanford by 17 at halftime Feb. 10, 2011.
- WSU ends its season with a 22-13 mark, it ties for the 10th most wins by a Cougar team in school history.
- The Cougars reached the NIT semifinals for the first time in school history.
- Thompson ends the season as the school's single-season leading scorer (733 points), and holds the single-season 3-point field goal record (98)...he's the school's third all-time leading scorer with (1756) points...he holds the career 3-point record (242).